Which book would you like me to review over spring break?

Friday, December 6, 2013

Blog and Writing INSANITY

Hello! Sorry it's been awhile since I blogged. I have been waiting on myself to finish a book so I could review it, but it was taking longer than I expected. But on the notebooksisters.com they are doing a chain post I am quite interested in.... So....:) Here ya go!

1. How many books did you write this year?
This year I completed finished my YA novel TEN PROMISES. I also started FORGIVEN and SAVING RUTHIE.
2. Which was your favourite to write?
So far I think FORGIVEN has been my favorite to write. It's been a story that has been very close to my heart for around two years. It took me forever to figure out how to write it! I got the idea when I was at a beach. It was beginning to get dark and fireworks were about to go off, so I sat in the warm water, just thinking. Then I thought, "What if someone were to do something so bad that they didn't think they could ever move on and have friends and get married and just have a life?" So over the next year or two, I came up with the character Ariella Violet Burns. She actually had a lot of different names throughout her life. She started out as Emily Burns, then changed to Amelia "Lia" Burns, then Arielle Violet Burns. Finally she became Ariella Violet "Vi, Ari" Burns.
3. Which was the hardest to write?
FORGIVEN has also been the hardest for me to write, because it is such an intense story. It deals with city violence, forgiveness, death, rape, and dealing with regrets.
4. Tell us about you favourite Male Character you wrote this year!
My favorite male main character of this year was James O'Conner. He came about when I was rethinking TEN PROMISES plot. Originally he was my female main character's brother, but he changed to her best friend, a marine overseas. Throughout the book him and Chrissi write letters.
5. And how about your favourite Female Character?
I think Violet would have to be my favorite female character. I love her because she's very "tough" and "mean" on the outside, but she is really very sweet at heart. For example, when visiting her boyfriend's sister's grave, she sat there and cried, over the lost little girl that Jacob was hurting over.
6. Any romances in your writing? Which couple didn't go together as expected?
I have a few couples! In TEN PROMISES there is Samuel and McKenzie. In FORGIVEN, Jacob and Violet. In SAVING RUTHIE, Darren and Ember and Samuel and Anna. I think that my favorite couple out of them is Jacob and Violet. She claims that they aren't a couple...but anyone who has read anything from that book can see it. A couple that didn't go together as expected was Chrissi and Ross from TEN PROMISES. They ended up being friends, not lovers like I had expected!
7. Last word from your manuscript(s)! Go!
Since TEN PROMISES is my only finished WIP from the year, I will post the last word in that, then the last word I have wrote in the other two.
TEN PROMISES-it
FORGIVEN-happening
SAVING RUTHIE-Ember 
 9. First sentences from your manuscript(s)!
TEN PROMISES-Don't do it, Chrissandra.
FORGIVEN- Grandma Burns continued to read words out of the Bible: a book Violet had no interest in whatsoever.
SAVING RUTHIE- My sword clashed with my elder sister's, and I struggled to hold mine up, retaining the blow that I knew Ember would never deliver.
10. Anything big on the horizons for next year? Plans to query? Publish? Edit?
In 2014 I plan on querying TEN PROMISES. Well I plan on sending out the first round of query letters out by the end of the year.
 11. Tell us a bit about a book you're super excited to write in 2014!
I'm going to be writing a book set in winter where a girl gets trapped in her house during a snowstorm. A guy's car breaks down outside of her house. She is reluctant to let him in, but he'll die otherwise. So she divides the house in half and walks around with a steak knife, until she gets sick and has to accept his help.

Hope you enjoyed!


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you write really intense books! I like the shound of the one you're planning to write next year! And good luck getting ready to query. Phew. I'd like to query next year. Don't know if I'll be ready, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your first lines! :D The second one especially.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with querying next year! It's a bit of a daunting process though, eh?! Your books sound really interesting (and super intense!). I'm totally interested in any character walking around with a steak knife. That's awesome.
    Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete